Welcome To The Connected Business Community Forum.
0 votes
Hi,

We are in the process of using the POS system finally but cannot seem to get the ConnectedSale Printer Applet. Wanted to know if there were any suggestions since Edge and Chrome do not support this it seems.

Thanks
asked Nov 7, 2017 in POS by anonymous | 19 views

1 Answer

0 votes
Recently most of the major browsers have stopped working with Java as a security precaution. This has caused some issues for our POS users as it is not possible to print directly to a printer in a web browser and we use a Java App to automatically print to the printer.   
Next week we will announce the release candidate of 18.2 which will include a major upgrade to the POS system.  In 18.2, the POS will include a new desktop application with an embedded browser (like the login screen in version 18.x). In 18.2, we will be using the desktop application to communicate directly with the printer, eliminating the java applet altogether. The POS in 18.2 will also include the EMV chip and sign feature.

Look for the announcement coming soon!
answered Nov 7, 2017 by cbadmin (2,880 points)
Thanks for the info. I figured that was the case so wanted to see if there was a work around apart from just doing a print preview then printing though IE just loves to resize it.

Oh nice! I will have to looking into getting an EMV chip reader of sorts soon as the POS is much faster than using the main system it seems for a quick sale. Haha though i just almost got 18.1 where I need it especially the website ;)

Hope all is well and everyone is doing well.

Nate
117 questions
147 answers
174 comments
44 users