Welcome To The Connected Business Community Forum.
0 votes
Currently, the business has one accounts for all. Now we would want to separate the business, and operate under separate business units.  From one, we would like to create 3 business units.  Is it possible, and where should I start, how should I do it?
asked Feb 18 in Accounting by Separate Business Units | 19 views

1 Answer

0 votes

I need a little more information and would be happy to talk with you directly about the possibility.  If you wish to have one company account that has three divisions under it  and the three divisions have their own Balance Sheet and Income Statement; you would purchase an upgrade to your license for ​Multi-Location Accounting.  ​You would need separate bank accounts, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and cost of goods for each location.  The locations could be virtual if all three are at the same address.  You would have to a new Go-Live once you upgrade the license.

If that is not what you meant, but you meant to separate three companies that are separate that you login separately for each one; you need a separate license for each company and they would have to be set up separately.  If you are on-premise with your current license and I can talk with you about the cost for separate licenses.  

I believe either way we can help you; but I need to know more to give you details regarding the setup.  If you would like me to talk with you; just call the Sales number 310-734-4290 and give them a number for me to call.  The sales staff will work with you to setup a time for the call.

answered Feb 18 by jim.brandt (300 points)
131 questions
164 answers
190 comments
47 users