This Forum Has Been Replaced. Please Visit Our New Forum At http://mycb.university
Welcome To The Connected Business Community Forum.
0 votes
We are unable to adjust a supplier PO as the items on the PO have been reserved to customer orders.

576 of an item on supplier PO has been split into 2 different shipments - 96 on the first shipment, and 480 on the second shipment. We add 480 pcs to the second PO and attempt to adjust the first PO to 96.  Because the items have been reserved to customers orders, the PO won't save.  We tried manually removing the reservation of the item to the customer orders, however we can't save the PO.

We receive a data concurrency error with the option of 1.) Accept other users changes and disregard changes or 2.) Merge changes manually to the latest version.  There is only one user that is working on the PO so unsure why this message appears.  Any suggestions?

I have tried both options however the PO reverts back to the quantity that was on the original PO.  We are on version 14 as 18 hasn't been implemented yet.
asked Feb 20 in Supplier by anonymous | 35 views

1 Answer

0 votes
I am not sure about the Concurrency error but I was able to create the same PO and Sales Order.  Then I was able to remove the reservation and change the PO.  I created the sales order and then saved the order.  Then I created the PO.  The PO Automatically reserved the items required for the Sales Order.  Then I opened the PO and went to the bottom of the screen.  I clicked on the Tab for the "Item Reservation" and changed the value in the Reserved Column in the far right  to "0".  Then I was able to change the PO  quantities and the Sales Order had "0" reserved.  I am not on version 14 but I believe it worked the same way.
answered Feb 20 by jim.brandt (300 points)
Thanks Jim.

Once the inventory was unreserved from 30 different customer orders, we could change the supplier PO quantity.  Oddly enough, the customer requests Sept. 1 ship date, which we note in the ship date field, yet the item reserves on the day the order was entered - January 28th in this example.

Since customers frequently change their minds - is it possible to turn off reserving inventory to customer orders?

Since customers frequently change their minds - is it possible to turn off reserving inventory to customer orders?

If you are taking orders that are not "guaranteed" maybe putting them in as a quote will work?

134 questions
167 answers
87 users